Bloomington Living Hope Lutheran Church is proud to partner with Ruby's Pantry. Ruby's Pantry is a non-profit organization that receives donations of food from local retailers and distributes them to frugal families throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin. For more information about Ruby's Pantry, visit their website.
How does this work?
On the first Tuesday of each month Bloomington Lutheran Church will serve as a distribution site to provide food to help families stretch their food budgets. Registration starts at 4:30 pm and distribution of food will run from 5:00-6:30 pm. Guests are asked to make a $20 donation to cover the costs of transportation and in return, they will receive a share of the food distribution. Anyone who eats is welcome to participate, there are no residency or income limits or restrictions.
Our location now offers pre-registration for convenience and to help you avoid waiting the day of the pantry. For a $1 processing fee, you can use your credit or debit card to reserve your time slot and food share for the upcoming pantry. Simply follow the steps below:
- visit https://www.rubyspantry.org/product/bloomington-m
- select an available time slot
- use your credit or debit card to reserve your share
- on the day of the pantry, arrive 15 minutes before your registered time
- check in at our pre-registration table
What do I need to bring with to the distribution?
- On your first visit, you will need to complete a registration form. If you would like to save time, you can print the form and fill it out before you arrive.
- $20 cash donation
- 2 laundry baskets or boxes because you will receive an abudance of food!
Are you interested in Volunteering?
We are in need of many volunteers to help before, during and after each distribution. There is a role for everyone regardless of age (children under 12 must serve one on one with the adult who brings them) or ability. If you are interested in volunteering, you MUST complete the volunteer application BEFORE you sign up and someone will be in contact with you soon. Any child volunteering also needs to fill out a separate application. Please select the Bloomington location when you complete this form. Thank you! We look forward to serving with you!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.